Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cold Crab Salad

Full disclosure… this is imitation crab.  My son loves imitation crab and that’s why there are a few pieces sitting to the side of the bowl that haven’t been cut and incorporated with the rest. 

I remember watching Bronco games as a little girl at my Grandma and Grandpa’s house when we lived in Denver and she serve some flake imitation crab with melted butter.  Oh my goodness.  That was heavenly. 


Let’s Get Crafty!
1 package imitation crab, diced (I like the brand Crab Classic)
2 stalks of celery, diced (I really love to use the hearts of the celery with all the leaves for cold salads)
1 tablespoon chives, snipped into small pieces with scissors
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup fat free greek yogurt
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Combine all together and pop in the fridge for a few hours to help the flavors come together.

Serve on hard rolls (well… because a fun roll makes things even more fun) or with crackers.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you're having a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...