Sunday, April 9, 2017

Crockpot White Chicken Chili

This recipe from my Mom is truly a keeper.  I remember the first time I made it.  I was just out of junior college and had moved away to finish college at UNC.  I remember thinking that I was truly cooking because it uses a couple different spices from the pantry.  I'm going to give you the recipe as my Mama gave it to me and share what I did differently next to it.


Let's Get Crafty!

Stir it all these together in the crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours
  • 2 cans navy beans, rinsed and drained (I use whatever white been I have on hand... today it was white cannellini)
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic (Used a good teaspoon of minced garlic from the jar)
  • 1 T ground white pepper
  • 1 T dried or ground oregano
  • 1 T cumin (I use 1/3 of this because Mark doesn't like cumin)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (I use half of this... I'm pretty sure my Mom doesn't use this much either. :)  )
  • 1/4 ground cloves (Oops.  Forgot this.)
  • 2 cans chopped green chilis (I used 1 healthy cup of chopped green chilis we have bagged)
  • 4 cans chicken broth, reduced sodium (This is 8 cans of chicken stock.  I had some frozen in the freezer that I used.  Nothing fancy here!  Just save and freeze the wonderful broth you get from simmering a whole chicken with the magic trio of onion, celery and carrots.  I like to throw in a bay leaf for some added flavor.)
  • 5 cups cooked chicken


 
I hope you're having a great day.  Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...