Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Beef Enchiladas

Remember the honey lemon enchiladas?  Well... these happened a couple days after.  :)

I decided to make my own red enchilada sauce.  It was very good!  We used half in this recipe and then froze half to have on hand for another enchilada night.  

Let's Get Crafty!
1 medium onion, diced as fine as you can (food processor would work too... I just don't like to dirty a dish that I don't have to)
2 good teaspoons chopped garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 8 oz unsalted tomato sauce
1 cup chicken stock
Mix all together and simmer for 20 minutes on medium-low

While the sauce was simmering I browned a pound of hamburger with more diced onion.

You can either roll enchiladas similar to the Honey Enchiladas recipe or throw it together in a casserole.  I went the casserole today layering corn tortillas with meat, sauce and cheese.

Bake at 400 (covered) for 30-35 minutes.  I like to turn the oven to a low broil for the last five minutes (uncovered) to brown the cheese a little bit.


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...