Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bronco Birthday Card

Thank you for stopping by to look at a technique I’m trying for the first time.  I wanted to make a birthday card for a Bronco Fan and decided to keep the colors simple playing on the classic orange and blue.  I added a little coral shimmer trim to finish up the card.


To stamp the pattern on the card - I wrapped thick twine around my 2x2 stamping block (I used the color flaxen because I don't really like it and thought this would be a way to put it to good use but I think you could use any color you have handy.)  I needed to press it into the poppy ink pad several times to get the color to show up.  It's funny that poppy by itself looks pinkish to me but this looked awesome as an orange with the dark blue sapphire cardstock and ink. The sentiment is stamped using the Joyful Birthday stamp set.  One of my favorite "go to" sets.

I would like to try the thick twine stamping again, but I think I would use more twine or maybe a bigger block so there aren't the little sections without ink.  I did flip my block around to point different directions as I was making the card.  My hope was that it would look a little haphazard and I like how that turned out.


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool technique. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    breast milk cookies

    ReplyDelete

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...