Sunday, January 30, 2022

Hot Fudge Cake

When I was a little girl, we would go out to eat at a buffet called King's Table. My Uncle Jay and Grandpa Bob used to call it the Fork and Spoon.  That makes me smile just thinking about it.

They had a dessert that was part chocolate cake and part ooey gooey chocolaty deliciousness.  This recipe reminds me of that.  I'm not sure what got me reminiscing about that but then I really wanted to make it.  I remember when we would go out to eat that my brothers and others seemed to be excited to put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  I'm not really a fan of ice cream and think it is quite tasty just like this.  


Let's Get Crafty!

Preheat the oven to 350

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa (divided)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cup hot water

Combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, 2 T cocoa, baking powder and salt

Then stir in the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth like the picture below


Spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan


Combine brown sugar and 4 T cocoa and sprinkle over the top of the batter


Pour the hot water over all - DO NOT STIR


Bake for 30-35 minutes (it was 30 minutes for us)
You will want to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't overcook


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...