Friday, December 3, 2021

Creamy Shrimp Dip

Funny story.  My husband really liked this dip and similar ones I have made in the past when I throw together shrimp with veggies and different cheeses we have on hand.  It wasn't until we snuck away for a recent date night at the Rio that he got Queso Fundido that he likes served with their fabulous tortillas.  I said we should try to make it at home and he said that he thinks we already do and he was talking about this dip.  I guess I hadn't connected the two because they were different to me.

If you love cheesy, melty goodness with some shrimp included - give this a go.  My favorite way to eat it is on a cracker like the picture below.  If I am trying to also make it feel a little healthier - I might eat it with carrots or celery.  :D

Let's Get Crafty!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Ingredients: 

1 pound cooked shrimp 
Sauté in 3 tablespoons of butter (I generally start onions first to make sure they have time to cook all the way through because I hate to bite into raw onion): 
        1/2 onion, diced
        Mushrooms (handful of 5 or so), sliced
        Yellow pepper, diced
        Poblano, diced
8  oz cream cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup panko crumbs

 

We grilled the shrimp today on a grill pan.  
The texture and flavor added was fabulous.   

After sautéing the veggies - combine them with the mozzarella, cream cheese and Cajun seasoning.  
I like to mix this all in the same dish that I plan to bake in for one less dish to clean.  
You do you boo!  Once that is nicely combined, gently fold in the grilled shrimp.
(It is best to stir the shrimp in last because I don't usually take the time to soften the cream cheese so it might need a little elbow grease to get combined.)

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes

Then bake another 10 minutes at 400 with the panko/butter
until the top is nice and toasty.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...