Sunday, May 17, 2020

Scalloped Potatoes in the Instant Pot

I love potatoes.  Very much.  I could probably eat them every day and be in hog heaven.  These scalloped potatoes are pretty darn good and came together fast.  I had just gotten a 7 inch cake pan to use in the Instant Pot and have been itching to use it.  This seemed like a great way to start.


Let's Get Crafty!
Ingredients:
4 medium sized russet potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 cup evaporated milk (or heavy cream)
1 cup milk
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups cheddar cheese

Layer half into the bottom of the 7 inch pan (spray the pan first with non-stick spray):
4 medium sized russet potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick

Whisk together and pour half over the potatoes:
1 cup evaporated milk (or heavy cream)
1 cup milk
3 garlic cloves, grated
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Add half over the potatoes:
2 cups cheddar cheese

Layer it up one more time: potatoes and sauce

Put the 7 inch pan in the Instant Pot on top of the little wire rack (mine came with the Instant Pot) inside the main pot of the Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups of hot water.  Then put the 7 inch pan with the scalloped potatoes on top of the wire pan.

Using the manual setting: cook for 35 minutes (I initially did it for 25 and then needed to add another 10.)  Do a quick release when the cook time is up.

Get your broiler going about halfway through the cook time

Spread your remaining cup of cheese over the potatoes and toss under the broiler.  Ours was done in just a couple minutes.  You'll want to watch it closely so you catch it in time.

So... I wasn't initially as clear about using the pan as I should have been and on my birthday dinner my husband was making this recipe and had shenanigans putting the scalloped potatoes directly into the Instant Pot.  I've seen other bloggers do it that way, but I highly recommend using a smaller circle pan inside that Instant Pot and I thank my husband for trying the recipe.  :D

Speaking of my birthday dinner - 
Mark also made crab cakes and they were delicious!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...