Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Ripening Avocados in the Microwave?

Have you heard of this?  Turns out that it's a real thing.  I had an avocado I wanted to use and it wasn't ripened enough so I went to my friend google to see if there were some options.  I skipped over ripening it in the microwave a few times and then went back to read the comments because there was post after post suggesting it.


It's really easy and just a few steps:
- Prick the avocado with a fork or knife all around
- Microwave on low for 30 seconds
- Check to see how soft it is and continue this in 30 second low intervals until it's soft

Then you're done.  It's that easy.

There wasn't a big textural change but the avocado was warm... and that was a hurdle for me.  This method could be good when you're adding it to something that will be cooked like chicken avocado rolls or when you have the time to put it in the fridge and let it chill for a while. 

 I'm going to file this in the good to know category.  I anticipate there will be another time when I will want to do it again but I don't think it will be a regular thing.

Hope you have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...