Friday, July 6, 2018

Baked "Grilled" Chicken

We were going to grill chicken for dinner, so I got it ready like I normally would and put it in the fridge to hang out.  Then... my husband called and wouldn't be making it home for dinner.  He's the master griller in our house, so I decided to bake the chicken instead and see how it would come out.  I was really happy with it.  It's not the same charred BBQ sauce that you get on the grill, but it was really good.


Get the chicken ready to chill:
4 chicken thighs
4 chicken legs
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons garlic and herb grilling seasoning
Season up the chicken like you are going to grill it and put it in the fridge for the afternoon so all the seasoning can do its magic.

When Mark called - I pulled the chicken out of the fridge and took the skin off the thighs since we were going to be baking instead of grilling.  I also took some BBQ sauce and mixed it in with the chicken to start hanging out.  This had another hour or so in the fridge before I started preheating the oven.


Preheat oven to 425

Baked for 20 minutes on a roasting rack so it could try and "crisp" up a little bit.  After the initial 20 minutes - I pulled it out and added more BBQ sauce on top.  I let it sit for just a minute so it would be easier to use a spoon or brush to coat the top well.


Bake another 15 minutes.  Bump the heat up to 475 and do another 10 minutes.  I'm somewhat paranoid about chicken not being cooked all the way.  This timing was great.  The top started to darken a little bit and the inside was still juicy and not dry.


Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...