Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Lactation Cookies with M&Ms

My doctor and I were talking about milk supply at the four week checkup for my daughter.  He suggested lactation cookies.  This was a new idea to me and low and behold... there are tons of recipes out there to play with.

This one takes into account several that I looked at.  The ingredients that help milk supply are: oatmeal, flaxseed meal and brewers yeast.  They were tastier than I anticipated and I think my doctor helped me to manage my expectations.  He said that you definitely should add some chocolate chips to them because we've earned it.  It sounded like he's tasted several different ones as his wife tried different recipes.


Let's Get Crafty!
Preheat oven to 350

Mix together and set aside while putting together the rest of the ingredients:
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 tablespoons water

Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside:
2 cups flour 
5 tablespoons brewers yeast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda

Cream together:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs

After the wet ingredients are creamed together well - add and mix well:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Flaxseed and water mixture

 Then add:
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chocolate chips (I used Christmas M&Ms)

Combine the wet mixture and the dry mixture until well combined

Drop onto cookie sheet about the size of an ice cream scoop.  I ended up with about 25 cookies.  


Bake for 12 minutes and check.  Mine needed another few minutes.  Be very careful not to overcook them!  I did on accident and threw those ones out.

I kept 5 out and frozen the rest to pull out of the freezer a couple at a time.


List of ingredients in the order they're used:
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
4 tablespoons water
2 cups flour 
5 tablespoons brewers yeast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Flaxseed and water mixture
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chocolate chips (or Christmas M&Ms in my case)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...