Monday, January 27, 2020

Crockpot Tortilla Soup

I've been meaning to make this because I can't believe that I don't have it on my blog.  I love soups.  All soups.  Especially easy soups in the slow cooker and that is exactly what this is. 


Let's Get Crafty!
Everything into the slow cooker on low before running out the door to face the day:
2-3 chicken breasts
1 large onion, diced
3 cans low sodium chicken stock
1 can rotel
1 can corn with peppers, drained
2 tablespoons of taco seasoning

After it has cooked on low for 8 hours:
Shred the chicken and put back in the slow cooker.

Stir into the soup to thicken it up (put the lid back on and let it cook another 15-20 minutes):
10 corn tortillas - ripped into strips

Then comes the best part... top with whatever you would like.  I love crushed tortilla chips, some shredded cheese and green chile.  There are endless options.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you've had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Air Fryer Roasted Jalepenos

Whenever we are grilling dinner, Mark will throw a few whole jalapenos on the grill to have them with whatever we are having.   On this day ...